Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mail Call!

My thanks to the ever-constant shower of packages and letters received from home lately. I am in frequent contact with immediate family members to give feedback about the special items they have sent... but if my family isn't sure I've noticed, let me clarify: I NOTICE!! It's an awesome feeling to know how very present I am to you "back home." It is the closest I can get to actually being there and in fact feeling like I never left. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

I want to draw attention here to the items I just received two days ago from Randy and Yvonne: THANKS, YOU GUYS!!

Note on this one: "It's hard to send a hug, so I sent a big kiss instead."

There was also a CD by Selah, a card, and a light-up "stress" toy that looked like a cross between a squid and those toys called "Koosh" balls from the early 90s. The toy was called "Lite-Up Squirmy Wormy," with the attached note:
"When frustrated or just good and mad you can squeeze the life out of this or throw it at someone.
P.S. It probably won't break any windows."

Pictures of the "Squirmy" turned out pretty cool-looking, so I'm inserting them here in series.
Even though I felt like a kid playing with this thing, I think that's what we need every once-in-a-while. Thanks again, Yvonne and Randy, for remembering me. Every piece of home that comes my way makes such a difference to me! The "Squirmy" gets to be my torch from home for a while. Hope this brings as many smiles to you as it did to me.


5 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog note and pictures, especially Sqirmy. Wow! Sounds like you are having fun with Squirmy. Randy will tell you that his wife has never outgrown her need for cool(silly) toys. I never thought of photographing my Sqirmy before. This morning I mailed two small posters. As always we keep you close in out thoughts and prayers.

Love, Yvonne

P.S. Randy is already asleep so he will probably log on and read your blog in the morning.

 
At 8/17/2005 9:05 AM, Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Here's a resource for your family from another light-up-stuff buff. Glitterbugs is a great site for all kinds of LED products. This next one, Electronic Light Shower, is something they need to have ready for you when you come home!

 
At 8/17/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger Mary Godwin said...

In viewing these images (great camera work, btw), I'm taken back to Finding Nemo and the jellyfish moment when Dorie says something along the lines of ... "And you shall be my squishy, and you shall be mine."

It is good to hear you laugh, Tommi. -mg

 
At 8/17/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Mary Godwin said...

Ooops.......... I think the line was "And I shall call you squishy, and you shall be mine." -mg

 
At 8/19/2005 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,
Attitude, Attitude, Attitude!

The key to so much. Yea, there are very important big picture questions that need answering but some times the answers don't have to be as complicated as the questions. If a silly toy keeps us in touch with what is really important praise the Lord. You are missed, you are remembered, you are lifted up in prayer. Keep doing the great job you are doing because lives depend on it. Just keep the positive attitude and the real you. Don't let the situation control you or get to you. There is more than one way to be a casualty and you promised to take care of yourself!
PS I love the pictures. I took a lot of those myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home