Friday, September 23, 2005

Baghdad Ballad

... so it's not exactly a "ballad," but I did finally find (make?) time to finish composition of a song that I suspect has been lying just beneath my creative surface for many months now. My beautiful guitar that I purchased here got a chance to sing. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed creating. Endless thanks to creators of audacity software for making a project like this FREE. Thanks to James for compelling me to get back to writing and to Mary for explicit instructions on how, exactly, to post the song.


"between pages" by tommi

used plane ticket
marks the spot
in the second-hand Joyce
that I got
attempt in vain to forget your touch
leave it between pages
attempt in vain to forget your touch
baby it's been ages
what can I try next
to replace the best
lovin of this life so far
pack my backpack and guitar
bound for Phoenix in my car
happiness can be that far
love is better
than money they say
but love won't pay
my hotel stay
empty bed lends pretend peace
help myself to find release
watch the midnight movie show
plan the next place I will go


5 Comments:

At 9/23/2005 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome job! Not only do we get the treat of a post from you but we get music! Thanks so much for sharing that. Be safe.

 
At 9/23/2005 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

may have posted my comment in wrong spot... oh well i'm still a mite slow when it comes to "modern Technology" GLAD YOU GOT A GUITAR !
was good to hear ya again.stay safe LT ....Jim rms-9

 
At 9/23/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger Tommi L. Godwin said...

JIM! Great to see you make a visit in this little corner of mine. Hope life's treating you well state-side. Was better when you were here, but everyone has to move on sometime, right? Thanks for the comment. -tommi

 
At 9/26/2005 2:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! The only musical abilty I have is playing the radio. I read Mary's blog and followed your comments here. Stay safe.

 
At 9/30/2005 3:34 PM, Blogger James said...

Tommi,

You are now my personal Johnny Cash. It's good to hear your voice, and your singing. Still thinking about how a cello would sound here, but not sure. Excited to see you, too! I keep feeling like it's right around the corner. Just around the corner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home