Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Fox Chronicles

Trying to figure out how to create a "Fox Quotes" ticker box for this blog. He and his brother Jr are our faithful interpreters and the source of endless amusement and cultural "lessons." For more on that, check out the amusing and light-hearted "masturbation vs. crazy" story from a couple days ago. So here's the Fox Ticker from today...

We're driving in a Humvee back to the gate from lunch, and converstaion ensues between Sgt. JC and Fox.


Fox: There are people who respect me for my rank, and then there are people who respect me for me. I have no time for the first one.
JC: What do you mean rank?
Fox: Like cars or money.
JC: So, you're saying that if I had a BMW in Iraq I would be respected?
Fox: Yes, but [waving his finger] you don't need that here. If you went in the college, they would see your blue eyes and they would love you. You would have 400 wives if you wanted!
[everyone is laughing at this point]
Fox: You could bring them all back to America to live with you.
JC: I don't know what my wife would think of that!
Fox: She wouldn't like it? Well, it wouldn't have to be four hundred; it could be fewer if you want.
JC: I think somewhere after 10 or 20 it sort of wouldn't matter anymore!

We all continued laughing and went back to work. Amazing what glimpses of culture Fox gives us in every-day conversation.

1 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger James said...

a ticker isn't a bad idea. I'm working on trying to improve my blog as well...slowly. I'll let you know if I get a lead on it.
------
too bad my eyes are green. ;)
-------
and, paints are on the way. lots of love!

-J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home