Friday, April 29, 2005

Providence: Girl Time to the Rescue!

Providence has stepped in to intervene between me and my pain. There is another female officer in my "pod" (the city block-plus of trailers I'm in, of which there are over 30 on base), who I occasionally see in the latrine trailer. Her name is Teresa, and she's about the same age as me, intelligent, sensitive, observant and single. ...= hopefully we have enough in common to enjoy each other's company while gaining that rare "girl time" I need so badly.

So I spent the last post on my rant... then a few hours chasing down policy and procedure issues for my job... then to the post exchange (PX), the little store on base for supplies hygiene music over-priced dvds and footwear. Teresa was there. I haven't seen her in about a week and a half, and she was there! She's coming over tonight for an hour or so... just chatting over coffee. I AM SO EXCITED! If our plan actually takes place, I'm sure I'll post more about it, but isn't this great? I needed this merciful break.

3 Comments:

At 4/30/2005 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Words on a screen are great in most cases but they do fall short sometimes. I can send lots of hugs your way but reading words on a monitor falls so short of the real thing. Anyway, hugs, hugs, and more hugs. Better yet-- I keep you close in my prayers to the ONE who really can and does hold you. I pray for Pat too.

Love and prayers, Yvonne

 
At 5/05/2005 2:19 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Okay, so did you get together for coffee?

 
At 5/26/2005 11:46 PM, Blogger Tommi L. Godwin said...

As it turns out, my friend took leave back to the US. It was her turn to go back, but she had short notice. I never did manage to connect with her about "standing me up" that evening. Oh well, anticipation of a guest drove me to spring cleaning, and my room looks great now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home